Gigs at High Wire
Position: Bar Manager / Brand Ambassador
The SC legislature just passed a new law allowing micro-distilleries to serve cocktails in their tasting rooms. To that end, we are seeking a creative bartender with an entrepreneurial spirit to develop a unique cocktail program in our tasting room. We invite you to join our rapidly growing company and be a part of a dynamic team. This is primarily a daytime position and will be salaried.
Job Description: The Bar Manager / Brand Ambassador is responsible for establishing a creative and adventurous cocktail program within the parameters of SC state law. The Bar Manager will manage all Tasting Room operations and will also serve as a Brand Ambassador for both local and regional marketing efforts.
- Tasting Room- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the tasting room including, but not limited to, designing cocktails and spirit flights, managing and training part-time staff, taking weekly inventory of spirits and merchandise, and restocking of same
- Emporium- Maintain inventory of merchandise, research and source new products, and improve merchandising display
- Offsite Events- Coordinating marketing events outside the distillery including logistics, staffing, cocktail development, and tastings.
- Onsite Events- Creating and coordinating onsite promotional and educational events utilizing distillery space after hours.
- Education- Coordinating educational efforts with area bars and restaurants and conducting tastings at local retail outlets
- Customer Relations- Responding to emails and phone calls from the general public
- Production-Assist with bottling and other production tasks as needed
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 3-5 years bartending experience required, management experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of spirits and cocktails
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional people skills and an upbeat personality
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced work environment
- A high level of curiosity and willingness to learn new things
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Typical work hours: 11am-7pm
Pay commensurate with experience. Please submit resumes to email@example.com. No walk-ins, please.